Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Toledo <Ch...@webcollage.com> on 2006/05/15 16:00:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Automatically VirtualHost to AuthUserFile

I am new to Apache. I have a basic authentication setup that requires
seperate set of users to log in to seperate sites. As you can see from
the setup below I am seperating authentication by site. This can be
tedious as we create and remove sites quite frequently. Is there a way
to use regular expressions and something like LocationMatch to have
Apache automatically match the site (or virtualhost) to the
authentication file? IE: User logs to site 2, Apache automatically
routes to authentication file ... "c:\data\configurations\users2.txt".
Again, I am new to this so I am sorry if this is quite simple to do. I
have searched a lot of documentation with little success. Thank you in
advance.

  Alias "/site1" "c:/data/live/site1"
  <Location "/site1">
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Enter Password:"
      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\users1.txt
      Require valid-user
  </Location>

  Alias "/site2" "c:/data/live/site2"
  <Location "/site2">
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Enter Password:"
      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\users2.txt
      Require valid-user
  </Location>

  Alias "/site3" "c:/data/live/site3"
  <Location "/site3">
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Enter Password:"
      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\users3.txt
      Require valid-user
  </Location>

Christian Toledo
Web Administrator