Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by abhishek1015 <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 19:11:27 UTC

regionserver does not start in same machine as master

Hello

I am using hbase 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT with hadoop 2.2.0. I have two node cluster.
After configuring the cluster, when i start the hbase cluster using
start-hbase.sh command, every thing starts except the HRegionServer in same
machine as HMaster.

I see following error in HRegionServer logs. Issue seems to be caused by
port conflict. I changed the regionserver port to different number. But,
same error reoccurring.

Thanks for any help.

2014-08-01 17:58:07,154 ERROR [main] regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine:
Region server exiting
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Regionserver: class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2371)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.start(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:64)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.run(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:87)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:126)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2386)
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2369)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Problem binding to
sceplus-vm41.almaden.ibm.com/9.1.143.51:16021 : Address already in use
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.bind(RpcServer.java:2352)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.<init>(RpcServer.java:525)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.<init>(RpcServer.java:1882)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.<init>(RSRpcServices.java:732)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.createRpcServices(HRegionServer.java:540)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.<init>(HRegionServer.java:461)
        ... 10 more

Abhishek

Re: regionserver does not start in same machine as master

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
In 2.0, a master is also a region server now. So it uses the region server
ports. If you want to start a pseudo cluster, you can take a look
HBASE-11575. For a distributed cluster, if you want to start a master and a
regionserver on the same machine, you need to specify the port in the
command line (-D option). The port configuration in the configuration file
is shared by both the master and the region server.