Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sa...@hp.com> on 2004/02/06 20:52:05 UTC

Help: Xerces 2.3 DeferredElementNSImpl.synchronizeData() throws NullPointer

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into why this would occur, or
if it is different in a newer release..

Basically I am getting a NullPointerException when calling
element.getLocalName(  ); under a load test. (threading issues?!)

I've trailed the exception to the method
DeferredElementNSImpl.synchronizeData()...line 141

<code>
name = ownerDocument.getNodeName(fNodeIndex);

// extract local part from QName
int index = name.indexOf(':');   <------------"name" is null, this
causes a NullPointer!!!
</code>

So I can see name is null....Under what circumstance would this occur??
Is there something I can do to avoid this?

I am running Tomcat 4.1.29...that's why I am still on Xercer 2.3....

Thank you!!

Sal Campana
HP Software
856.638.6284