Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Awright <an...@mdsuk.com> on 2008/11/20 10:21:23 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.1.0 installation on an iSeries.

Hello folks... I've done a quick search on this forum and haven't found the
answers I was looking for, so hopefully someone out there can help me..:)

Never touched ActiveMQ before, and therefore have zero previous experience
of the product, but I have been asked to install it on an iSeries.

Now, I've dumped a copy of the .gz onto the IFS, and I've gone in via Qshell
assuming that, that is where I need to go to "unpack and install" it.
However I'm having no joy - Does anyone know what I need to do, or can you
point me at any useful links?

I've tried following the basic install steps you can get from the web site,
but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Now, as I said I've no prior
experience, and my primary knowledge lies with OS400, so I'll happily hold
my hand up if I'm doing something daft.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.1.0 installation on an iSeries.

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
I don't know anything about QSHELL, but your JAVA_HOME is being set to

"ROOTQIBMProdDataJava400jdk15binJava"

Maybe don't use '\' and instead use '/' ?

For example

export JAVA_HOME=/xdir/ydir/zdir/jdk15

Posted by Awright <an...@mdsuk.com>.

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.