Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ABHISHEK <ab...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/30 18:07:01 UTC

Restful WS for Spark

Hello all,
Have you tried accessing Spark application using Restful  web-services?

I have requirement where remote user submit the  request with some data, it
should be sent to Spark and job should run in Hadoop cluster mode. Output
should be sent back to user.

Please share your  expertise.
Thanks,
Abhishek

Re: Restful WS for Spark

Posted by gobi s <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

sample spark project which uses REST.
http://techgobi.blogspot.in/2016/09/bigdata-sample-project.html

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Vadim Semenov <vadim.semenov@datadoghq.com

--

\ Gobi.S '

Re: Restful WS for Spark

Posted by Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com>.
I worked with both, so I'll give you some insight from my perspective.

spark-jobserver has stable API and overall mature but doesn't work with
yarn-cluster mode and python support is in-development right now.

Livy has stable API (but I'm not sure if I can speak for it since it has
appeared recently but considering that Cloudera is behind of it, I'd say
it's mature), supports all deployment modes and has support for python & R.

spark-jobserver has nicer UI and better features overall for logging and
richer API.

I had hard time adding more features to spark-jobserver than into Livy, so
if it's something you would need to do you should consider that.

In some cases, spark-jobserver runs into issues that are difficult to debug
because of Akka.

Spark-jobserver is better if you use Scala and you need to work with shared
spark contexts as it has built-in API for shared RDDs and objects.

Both don't support High-Availability, but Livy has few open active PRs.

I'd start with spark-jobserver as it's easier.

Re: Restful WS for Spark

Posted by Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com>.

Re: Restful WS for Spark

Posted by Mahendra Kutare <ma...@gmail.com>.
Try Cloudera Livy https://github.com/cloudera/livy

It may be helpful for your requirement.

Cheers,

Mahendra
about.me/mahendrakutare
<https://about.me/mahendrakutare?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one
can go.

Re: Restful WS for Spark

Posted by Mahendra Kutare <ma...@gmail.com>.