Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/10/03 23:20:03 UTC

messages from MergePolicies and MergeSchedulers?

I've never really used the setInfoStream feature of IndexWriter, but the
recent discussion about silent exceptions in ConcurrentMergeScheduler got
me noticing that the code has it's own message(...) method that writes to
System.out ... would it make sense to expose the IndexWriter's infostream?
either by making IndexWRiter.message publicly accessible or by having the
IndexWriter pass it directly to the MergeScheduler and MergePolicy?

-Hoss

Re: messages from MergePolicies and MergeSchedulers?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
"Chris Hostetter" <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> I've never really used the setInfoStream feature of IndexWriter, but the
> recent discussion about silent exceptions in ConcurrentMergeScheduler got
> me noticing that the code has it's own message(...) method that writes to
> System.out ... would it make sense to expose the IndexWriter's
> infostream?
> either by making IndexWRiter.message publicly accessible or by having the
> IndexWriter pass it directly to the MergeScheduler and MergePolicy?

+1

I'll do this.  IndexWriter already shares its infoStream with IndexFileDeleter
and DocumentsWriter, so I'll fix it to do the same with MergePolicy &
MergeScheduler.

Mike