Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Soeren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com> on 2003/04/11 11:57:38 UTC

JMX problems

Hi,

I am trying to get the JMX manager running. Thus far with limited luck. the
short story is this:

Setup is standard james-2.1.2 as distributed, running under Java 1.4.1_02

Every thing is fine on Windows when running from the commandline (executing
run.bat).
Now running as a service using wrapper, gives me the following exception in
phoenix.log when trying to connect to http://localhost:8082, and a blank page
is returned to the browser.

WARN    2003-04-11 11:44:58.921 [Phoenix.] (): Exception during http request
java.lang.ClassCastException
at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.filterMBeansBySecurity(MBeanServerImpl.java:1642)
at mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.queryObjectNames(MBeanServerImpl.java:1528)
at mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.queryMBeans(MBeanServerImpl.java:1477)
at
mx4j.adaptor.http.ServerByDomainCommandProcessor.executeRequest(ServerByDomainCommandProcessor.java:62)
at mx4j.adaptor.http.HttpAdaptor$HttpClient.run(HttpAdaptor.java:990)

I get the exact same exception when running from a Linux box using run.sh,
thus I cannot use JMX to manage James on Linux at all.

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation, are most welcome.

Should this has been posted to james-dev, I wonder.

Thanks
   Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.