Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/10/29 17:39:37 UTC

Use of enum in resolver (was Fw: Please remove "enum" as variable name.)

Hello.

Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote on 10/18/2004 11:51:39 AM:
> We have started to trial with JDK1.5 in Gump. It won't be soon for it to

> become the official build platform, nor nagging you about it.
>
> However, I think it is time to slowly reporting problems found, to the
> respective camps, for them to take a look at it.
>
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/jdk15/xml-commons/xml-commons-
> which/gump_work/build_xml-commons_xml-commons-which.html
>
> In the xml-commons-which case, the use of the "enum" variable name is
> incompatible with JDK 1.5, and we would be happy if you could modify
that in
> the sources.

     I took a quick look at the link Niclas provided, and it looks to me
that "which" is failing for a reason other than the one he described.  The
resolver code, however, does contain instances of "enum" used as a
variable name.  See:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/jdk15/xml-commons/xml-commons-resolver/gump_work/build_xml-commons_xml-commons-resolver.html

     Would anybody active on resolver care to take a look?

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com