Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by harsh gupta <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/21 08:57:05 UTC

Posting schema as a stream instead of filename

I want to create a solr core for my application and want to post schema as an
input stream instead of giving a hard coded file name. Is it possible to do
that ? Any suggestions would be appreciated .

Regards,
Harsh

Re: Posting schema as a stream instead of filename

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
There's no way that I know of to do this, and there are a series of
problems if you try. For instance, if you refer to stopwords, how do
you get the stopwords file up? Ditto for protected words. Ditto for
currency.xml and any other file referenced from schema.xml.

This sounds like an XY problem, what is the use case you're trying to support?

SOLR-4779 is in the works, the idea is to make named config sets that
you reference for your core so at least you can have the configs in
one place, don't know whether that's relevant or not.

Best
Erick