Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Md. Mahedi Kaysar" <md...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 08:54:04 UTC

Need help to setup eclipse environment

Hi all,
I am trying to import Apache Spark code base in eclipse. But it is showing
lots of error. I think I am importing in a wrong way. Is there any
documentation how to setup spark in eclipse? I want to work on a particular
module (ex. Streaming). I am wondering if I only need to import that module
only.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Mahedi

Re: Need help to setup eclipse environment

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Yes and yes.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Need help to setup eclipse environment

Posted by "Md. Mahedi Kaysar" <md...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I believe that vanilla Eclipse still does not have support for Scala, so
you might need to use the Scala IDE or add some Scala plugins to your
Eclipse.
I personally switched from Eclipse to IntelliJ because of the native
support for Scala.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Md. Mahedi Kaysar <

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Need help to setup eclipse environment

Posted by "Md. Mahedi Kaysar" <md...@gmail.com>.
I was trying

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
There is some info related to configuring Eclipse in the following wiki page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Useful+Developer+Tools#UsefulDeveloperTools-Eclipse

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Md. Mahedi Kaysar <