Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by ashwin konale <as...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/08 21:18:57 UTC

[CaptureChangeMysql] Cannot get real value of primitive type when column type is unsigned.

Hello all,

I recently started using nifi to read binlogs and ingest to various
sources. I noticed that when the column type is unsigned, the underlaying
library sends signed version of the value. (Eg, column type is unsigned
tinyint, when the inserted value is 128, it sends -128). Its related to
https://github.com/shyiko/mysql-binlog-connector-java/issues/104 . Has
anyone come across this ? Is there any workaround to this other than
patching CaptureChangeMysql processor ?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Ashwin

Re: [CaptureChangeMysql] Cannot get real value of primitive type when column type is unsigned.

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Looks like they've identified the onus being on the client not the
library. We do read column types when a Distributed Map Cache Client
is specified, so we should probably be able to do these conversions.
Please feel free to write a Jira [1] to cover this.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI