Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Garski <mg...@mac.com> on 2008/06/04 00:09:48 UTC

Multi-field query - determining which fields are hit

Hello,

In performing a multi-field query, is there a way to determine which
field(s) the query matched in short of running a query against each of
the fields independently?  Could payloads be utilized for something like
this?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Multi-field query - determining which fields are hit

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Jun 3, 2008, at 6:09 PM, Michael Garski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In performing a multi-field query, is there a way to determine which
> field(s) the query matched in short of running a query against each
> of the fields independently?

I don't know there is some obvious way.  I think people tend to use
the highlighter and/or explains or some other roll your own approach.

> Could payloads be utilized for something like this?

Not sure, what do you have in mind?

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Grant Ingersoll