Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com> on 2002/06/27 13:19:16 UTC

XMLObject Not Found

Hello,

Is it possible to invoke XMLObject in xindice 1.0 (Birthday)?
I've got the error:

xindice invoke -c /db/rkv -o XPath1 -v
Collectionstring = xmldb:xindice:///db/rkv
XMLObject URI = xindice://db/rkv/XPath1
ERROR : XMLObject Not Found
DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: XMLObject Not Found
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:239)

        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XMLObjectService.invokeXMLObject(XMLObjectService.java:128)

        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.InvokeXmlObject.execute(InvokeXmlObject.java:113)

        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLUserTools.main(XMLUserTools.java:98)
xindice lo -c /db/rkv -o -v
XMLObjects:

XPath
XPath1

Total XMLObjects: 2

Thank you in advance.
Roman

Re: XMLObject Not Found

Posted by Amol Deshpande <am...@fracas.cs.berkeley.edu>.
I ran into exactly the same problem a few hours ago. Looking at
the archives, looks like it was fixed a few months back.

Kurt Ward gives the patch that seems to fix this problem :
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-dev&m=101698797209900&w=2

Not having a cvs copy of the source, I applied the patch manually.

Assuming you have the source, open
  ..../src/org/apache/xindice/tools/command/InvokeXmlObject.java.
Change line 97 (in the source i have) :
----------- from
          String xmlobjecturi = normalizeXindiceURI(objectstring);
-----------
          String xmlobjecturi = objectstring;
-----------
Build.

The hello world xmlobject is working fine now, hopefully the others
will too.

Amol.

Re: why XMLObjects?

Posted by Erhan Baz <er...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I haven' t got a good example for showing the
benefits of XMLObjects but I can tell where should we
use them.

We can use them when the network connection is too
slow and when getting huge xml files and cut them
later.

Second if the same code is used by several examples
then writing the same code on several aplications
would be wastful. So we store the code as XMLObject
and let it be used by sevearl applications.

It looks likes stored procedures on relational
databases.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

why XMLObjects?