Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by Julien Gagnet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 21:07:21 UTC

Re: Unblocking Gmock Maven Rsync

Hi,

I believe that the rsync process with the maven repo has been blocked
due to an old version of rsync running on our server.

A new server has been now deploy and this should fix the issue.

The physical host has also changed and you should remove the gmock
entry on your known_hosts file.

The previous ip of gmock repo was: 91.121.92.74
The current ip of gmock should be now: 91.121.96.190

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Julien

Posted by Joel Orlina <jo...@sonatype.com>.
Julien,

I've attempted to re-activate the sync, but it currently fails with:

protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
(see the rsync man page for an explanation)
rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(171)
[receiver=3.0.6]

Are you doing any validation on your end to ensure that only certain
rsync/ssh parameters are being allowed from our rsync client?

If it helps, I ran a handful of dryrun attempts shortly before sending this
e-mail.  This should help you track down any potential issues in the logs
on your end.

Thanks,
Joel