Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Eva Donaldson <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2016/05/27 16:56:34 UTC

HCatUtil dependency missing when using StreamingAPI

I am attempting to use the streaming api as referenced here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Streaming+Data+Ingest

When executing the connection creation with hiveEP.newConnection(true) I receive the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for class org/apache/hive/hcatalog/common/HCatUtil

I have the following Maven dependencies declared:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.hive.hcatalog</groupId>
            <artifactId>hive-hcatalog-streaming</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.hive.hcatalog</groupId>
            <artifactId>hive-hcatalog-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0</version>
            <type>pom</type>
        </dependency>

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

Thanks!

Eva

Re: HCatUtil dependency missing when using StreamingAPI