Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sam Seigal <se...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/23 04:47:30 UTC

question about regionserver going down and then coming back up

Hi All,

I had a regionserver go down in my cluster. When I ran the "status" on the
hbase shell I got, 4 live servers and 1 dead (which is correct).

 However, when the machine came back up and I started the regionserver on
it, and did ran "status" on the hbase shell , the output shows 5 live
servers and 1 dead. Why is the status 'detailed' reporting the same region
server as being both alive and dead ?

Thank you,

Sam

Re: question about regionserver going down and then coming back up

Posted by Sam Seigal <se...@yahoo.com>.
Ah .. thanks ! I am using 0.90.1 right now, so that explains it.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Sam,

It is more of an instance count than a 'live' status. This ought to be
documented, as it confuses many. Want to file a JIRA for it? (Or
perhaps if Doug is listening… ;-))

--
Harsh J