Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Raj Raju <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 10:37:00 UTC

[FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Hello Team,

Good Morning!!

Is FlexJS ready for making games for Production?

Thanks,
Raju Pedda .M

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Raj,

thanks, didn't saw your email when I reply.
If you want to help I can give you support. For what Harbs comment, it
seems Lizhi's code is good, but to be part of Apache Flex it would need a
refactor that would comprise, packages, imports and some wiring to make it
work nicely with the rest of Apache FlexJS code.
So, it would be great to help you in this task. Let me know about it.

Thanks

Carlos

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I’m sure Lizhi would be more than happy to receive PRs on his repository: https://github.com/matrix3d/spriteflexjs

I think the work that Lizhi has done is very good and I’d love to see it used, but I do agree with Alex.

Besides the IP issues which would need to be dealt with, I tried including Lizhi’s code in my own project which uses the FlexJS framework, and I had so many compilation issues with doing so that I needed to abandon that approach. The way I see it, it’s either the FlexJS framework OR Lizhi’s sprite framework. The two do not mix very well.

HTH,
Harbs

Posted by Raj Raju <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

thanks for seeing the problem, I don't think that could be that... I'll be
creating another thread to see how should I overcome this problem without
the need to apply all DEFINES all over the code...

Thanks!

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

    --

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great Chris!,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Carlos,

I just had a look and your code had the problem, that the import was a JS only import and your code was JS-only. I added some defines and I compiled. I checked in the changes on your branch so you can have a look.

Chris

    --

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

scope runtime is setup in "projects" pom.xml, but project/spriteflexjs
still fails if you try to build.
If you take a look at my branch you hopefully could see what happen in my
minimal example project

thanks

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi,

I will make a new thread for the current problem of spriteflexjs library
compilation since this is not in topic

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well the “type” is what we choose … also we can change the “classifier”s … the scope however is Maven-defined and we currently have to stick to that.
But I’m happy to change naming, if that makes things easier.

Chris

Am 15.02.17, 23:48 schrieb "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com>:

    On 2/15/17, 1:09 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Ok … gee … think I still haven’t understood this completely ☹

    Yeah, it is a bit tricky.  I've been wondering whether the terms we
    currently use "typedefs", "externs", "runtime", "provided" are Maven
    standards or whether we can change some of them.

    In the dual branch, I am currently changing things so the Core.swc and
    CoreJS.swc are more like peers.  They both contain .JS files, but the
    library.swf in Core is for SWF and the library.swf in CoreJS is for JS.  I
    just want to get this working now, cut a release, then look into packing
    everything into one SWC.

    In light of that, my latest attempt to make categories for SWCs says that
    there are categories like:

    1) External "Platform and JS Framework API" swcs.
    Playerglobal
    Airglobal
    Js
    Jquery
    Createjs
    Most of the flex-typedefs except for GCL.

    2) External "JS Framework SWCs with SWF Mocks"
    We don't have any in the main repos but in flex-tourjs the BarcodeScanner
    makes a SWC like this.

    3) Google Closure Library External SWCs
    GCL.swc
    Someday, some others.

    4) SWF SWCs
    Core
    Binding
    Etc.

    5) JS SWCs
    CoreJS
    BindingJS
    Etc.

    Bucket 1 always goes on the external-library-path for SWF and JS.
    Different ones are used for JS vs SWF.
    Bucket 2 goes on the external-library-path for JS, but on the library-path
    for SWF
    Bucket 3 goes on the library-path for JS and is not used for SWF unless it
    has a SWF Mock
    Bucket 4 goes on the external-library-path for SWC
    Bucket 4 goes on the library-path for SWF
    Bucket 5 goes on the library-path for cross-compiling to JS
    Bucket 5 goes on the external-library-path for building the library.swf
    for a JS.swc although it is probably ok if it is on the library-path.

    From another perspective, the JS within a SWC either uses goog.require or

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/15/17, 1:09 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Ok … gee … think I still haven’t understood this completely ☹

Yeah, it is a bit tricky.  I've been wondering whether the terms we
currently use "typedefs", "externs", "runtime", "provided" are Maven
standards or whether we can change some of them.

In the dual branch, I am currently changing things so the Core.swc and
CoreJS.swc are more like peers.  They both contain .JS files, but the
library.swf in Core is for SWF and the library.swf in CoreJS is for JS.  I
just want to get this working now, cut a release, then look into packing
everything into one SWC.

In light of that, my latest attempt to make categories for SWCs says that
there are categories like:

1) External "Platform and JS Framework API" swcs.
Playerglobal
Airglobal
Js
Jquery
Createjs
Most of the flex-typedefs except for GCL.

2) External "JS Framework SWCs with SWF Mocks"
We don't have any in the main repos but in flex-tourjs the BarcodeScanner
makes a SWC like this.

3) Google Closure Library External SWCs
GCL.swc
Someday, some others.

4) SWF SWCs
Core
Binding
Etc.

5) JS SWCs
CoreJS
BindingJS
Etc.

Bucket 1 always goes on the external-library-path for SWF and JS.
Different ones are used for JS vs SWF.
Bucket 2 goes on the external-library-path for JS, but on the library-path
for SWF
Bucket 3 goes on the library-path for JS and is not used for SWF unless it
has a SWF Mock
Bucket 4 goes on the external-library-path for SWC
Bucket 4 goes on the library-path for SWF
Bucket 5 goes on the library-path for cross-compiling to JS
Bucket 5 goes on the external-library-path for building the library.swf
for a JS.swc although it is probably ok if it is on the library-path.

From another perspective, the JS within a SWC either uses goog.require or

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well actually I noticed this too this afternoon too … typedef/externs should always be added as “scope=runtime”.

Chris

Am 15.02.17, 19:50 schrieb "carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>:

    Sorry message was sent before I put lines:

    <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexjs.typedefs</groupId>
          <artifactId>flexjs-typedefs-gcl</artifactId>
          <version>${flexjs.typedefs.version}</version>
          <type>swc</type>
          <classifier>typedefs</classifier>
        </dependency>
        <!--
          By declaring this dependency here, we force the flexjs-externs-js to
    be
          added to the external library path of all modules. Without this it
    would
          have gone to the library path.
        -->
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexjs.typedefs</groupId>
          <artifactId>flexjs-typedefs-js</artifactId>
          <version>${flexjs.typedefs.version}</version>
          <type>swc</type>
          <classifier>typedefs</classifier>
          <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

    So, this lines should be added to the pom.xml in my library that is in
    "project/spriteflexjs",  right?

    For example Core.swc is using things classes from there (if I understand
    right)

    El 15 de febrero de 2017, 19:48, Carlos Rovira <

    --

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
JS typedefs should end up on the compiler's external-library-path. They're
only used at compile time. I'm sure there's a way to do that in Maven.

- Josh

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Carlos,

    --

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok …

    Am 15.02.17, 10:01 schrieb "carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>:

        Hi Lizhi,
        I tried it and doesn't build with maven.
        What's "native" folder example? I never tried examples here
        Seems Om examples to test FlexJS with AngulaJS and others...
        Until now I was focused on "examples/flexjs" folder, all I tried to build
        there is working right

        > can you build this succuse?
        > https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/
        > examples/native/ButtonExample
        >

        > -----
        > spriteflexjs.com

        Carlos Rovira
        Director General
        M: +34 607 22 60 05
        http://www.codeoscopic.com
        http://www.avant2.es

        proceda a su destrucción.

        necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi guys,

I have to admit, that I didn’t quite understand what the native applications were … I just skipped them for now, but good to hear that you guys managed to get them to build. But I still don’t quite understand what’s “native” about them ;-)

Chris

Am 15.02.17, 10:01 schrieb "carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rovira@gmail.com im Auftrag von carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com>:

    Hi Lizhi,
    I tried it and doesn't build with maven.
    What's "native" folder example? I never tried examples here
    Seems Om examples to test FlexJS with AngulaJS and others...
    Until now I was focused on "examples/flexjs" folder, all I tried to build
    there is working right

    > can you build this succuse?
    > https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/
    > examples/native/ButtonExample
    >

    > -----
    > spriteflexjs.com

    Carlos Rovira
    Director General
    M: +34 607 22 60 05
    http://www.codeoscopic.com
    http://www.avant2.es

    proceda a su destrucción.

    necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

just refactored ButtonExample to build with maven. I get it using some
dependencies setup by Chris in parent pom.  Just upload to Git
I'll try the changes I did with spriteflexjs version and report what happen.

El 15 de febrero de 2017, 10:01, Carlos Rovira <

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,
I tried it and doesn't build with maven.
What's "native" folder example? I never tried examples here
Seems Om examples to test FlexJS with AngulaJS and others...
Until now I was focused on "examples/flexjs" folder, all I tried to build
there is working right

> can you build this succuse?
> https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/
> examples/native/ButtonExample
>

> -----
> spriteflexjs.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
can you build this succuse?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
btw, forgot to mention, that after introduce licensing and other things, I
still stuck trying to compile things like
"CanvasRenderingContext2D" or "HTMLCanvasElement"

someone can give a clue?

Thanks!

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

if we want the software could be widely used we can't rely on a setup that
would not take into account more scenarios.
Take into account that IT departments use more stablished tools, and maven
is one heavily used
For example, at my company, if there's no maven support, then there's no
way to use the library, since all the building
is managed by CI servers.

For that reason that's very important task.

btw, yesterday I had to introduce a LICENSE text in all files in order to
pass rat check in maven.
That's all cumbersome task, but must be done in order to put the software
where it deserves

hope you understand

Thanks

> I do not understand mvn, but suggest that you can try my command line, it
> is
> very simple, only one line
>

> -----
> spriteflexjs.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

could you help me to see what's needed in my pom in order to get the missed
entities and get more near to a sucessfull build?
I propose to upload my refactor of spriteflexjs to a branch so you could
take a look.
Thanks

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Josh,

thanks for the tip. I tried to add it to the pom:

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexjs.typedefs</groupId>
      <artifactId>flexjs-typedefs-js</artifactId>
      <version>0.8.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>typedefs</classifier>
    </dependency>

but compilation fails in the same way.
I'm a bit lost here :?

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

I'm giving a try.

The easiest way for me was trying to put the sprites folder in my flex-asjs
framework/projects folder and create a pom.xml similar to other libraries
there.
Then maven requires "main/flex" structure.
As I try to compile I get a lots of errors. That's normal for now since
it's a matter of expected structure.

The first one I need help is some html/webgl APIs:

[-load-config=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/spriteflexjs/target/compile-as-config.xml]
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/spriteflexjs/target/compile-as-config.xml
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/spriteflexjs/src/main/flex/flash/__native/BaseRenderer.as(34):
col: 47 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
CanvasRenderingContext2D.
override public function
renderGraphics(ctx:CanvasRenderingContext2D,g:Graphics,m:Matrix,blendMode:String,colorTransform:ColorTransform):void{

or

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/spriteflexjs/src/main/flex/flash/__native/GLCanvasRenderingContext2D.as(28):
col: 23 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant:
HTMLCanvasElement.
public var canvas : HTMLCanvasElement;
                   ^

It seems Canvas API are not recognized.

So how do you do to compile this?

Thanks

> thank you too.
> i do not test on the mvn.
> but it is baseon the bat.
> https://github.com/matrix3d/spriteflexjs/wiki/how-run
>

> -----
> spriteflexjs.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
thank you too.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

I'll try to get some time to download spriteflexjs and mavenize it to try
and report here.

thanks

> I have downloaded the latest version many times. Has not found the
> problem.https://github.com/matrix3d/spriteflexjs/issues/
> 10#issuecomment-279165933
> This link is friends three days ago to download the 0.8 version, but also
> successfully compiled through. I think spriteflexjs does not have
> compilation problems. Where you are being given, can be sent to me, or
> github. I do not know where there is a problem with compilation
>

> -----
> spriteflexjs.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

in order to get more usable your library I think it will need to be tested
with Actual Apache FlexJS 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT and see what errors you find and
try to fix it.
People reported that trying to use it with actual FlexJS was not possible
since it was generating errors.

What do you think about it?

> agree you.
>
> and
>
> Put bug.
> Help with publicity.
> Do the test game.
>
> all can help the proj
>

> -----
> spriteflexjs.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
agree you.

and

Put bug.
Help with publicity.
Do the test game.

all can help the proj

-----
spriteflexjs.com

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Pull requests are a great way to contribute to the project. I submitted a
bug fix a while back, and Lizhi accepted it quickly.

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/9/17, 12:58 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I think it would be great to refactor ir and bring it here. Although, I
>have some things on my plate already, so maybe more later.

If folks help Lizhi clean it up and we get enough votes to bring it here,
then I won't stand in the way.  Let me point out some reasons not to bring
it here for folks to think about:

1) Apache doesn't like "umbrella projects".  I don't exactly know why and
haven't dug into it, but apparently there were some umbrella projects in
the past that ran into trouble and the solution was to split the big
project into several projects.  Starting up a project is definitely harder
than bringing in code to an existing project, so I understand the
temptation to keep bringing more things under Apache Flex.

2) Scalability:  In one vision of a wildly successful future for FlexJS,
we'd ship even fewer SWCs than we do now.  The Jquery folks would take
over the Jquery SWCs.   They'd export the code from our repos to their
repos and release them on their own schedule.  We would remove the code
from our repos.  Same for CreateJS, GoogleMaps, etc.  IMO, we are only
providing these SWCs for now as a proof of concept.  I can't imagine the
amount of list traffic involved if we had one huge monolithic release of
every AS library in the world.  And I can't imagine the amount of list

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] - Is FlexJS ready for production?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.