Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2007/04/10 04:52:11 UTC

Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Can't run jsp pages on tomcat 6.0.10]]]

this is the list that goes into Tomcat lib
annotations-api.jar  jasper-el.jar        tomcat-dbcp.jar
catalina-ant.jar     jasper-jdt.jar       tomcat-i18n-es.jar
catalina-ha.jar      jasper.jar           tomcat-i18n-fr.jar
catalina-tribes.jar  jsp-api.jar          tomcat-i18n-ja.jar
catalina.jar         servlet-api.jar
el-api.jar           tomcat-coyote.jar

my guess is that you have copied over too many libs, and overwritten
something you didn't intend to,
start over with a fresh install

Filip

Posted by Rui Monteiro <rm...@mecatena.com>.
So it was true that with the same lib set in my tomcat6 windows xp
everything worked fine, but on there i was using jdk1.5 and not jdk1.6
and that seems to make a lot of difference in this particular case.
Anyway Filip is right and it was just a matter of removing (in the
centos jdk1.6 environment) the extra jasper jars i had from the
migration (keeping only the orginal tomcat6 ones) and everything came
back to the normal track.

thanks.