Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gustavo Lanna <gu...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 20:14:40 UTC

Messages for disconnected client

Hi,

How to configure ActiveMQ to discard/remove messages for disconnected
clients. If I send a message to queue that has no clients listening, when a
client connect to ActiveMQ his receive a message that I sent. I would like
that the ActiveMQ delete the message if there is not client
listening/connected.

Thanks.

Re: Messages for disconnected client

Posted by Gustavo Lanna <gu...@gmail.com>.
Huum !! Thank you... I will try this !!

Posted by David Budworth <db...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gustavo Lanna <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could use a temporary queue for each client; then all messages are
removed when the client disconnects

On 5/17/07, Gustavo Lanna <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to configure ActiveMQ to discard/remove messages for disconnected
> clients. If I send a message to queue that has no clients listening, when a
> client connect to ActiveMQ his receive a message that I sent. I would like
> that the ActiveMQ delete the message if there is not client
> listening/connected.
>
> Thanks.

James
-------