Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2020/07/21 13:02:55 UTC

[MEETING-NOTES] Community Meeting 2020-07-20

Topics:

--> Ratis 1.0.0 released (thanks Lokesh) and Ozone is updated.

    * OM HA documentation seems to be missing

--> HDDS-3878. Make OMHA serviceID optional if only one serviceId is
configured

   * A very long discussion has been started about this issue. TLDR, the
main arguments:

   * To make serviceId optional: it's a usability problem that serviceId
should be explicit all the time. Making it optional when the serviceId
identified can provide better user experience

   * To make service id required: there is a particular use-case when
the user starts with one cluster AND uses unqualified path (with an
optional serviceId). In case of a new cluster is added the URLs should
be updated (to make implicit servideId explicit)

  * One possible way to move forward is try to discuss Ozone Client and
Ozone FS in a separated way

--> HDDS-3952 Merge containers

   * A real production issue, but would be great to understand the reasons

   * Merging containers was always on the long-term plan, because it's
required by the current deletion / container scheme. We should implement
it sooner or later.

   * Big issue, a design disucssion is required

   See the thread on the mailing list. If we call next release GA, why
don't represent it with a GA-like version scheme.

--> Zoom archive:

Topic: Hadoop Ozone Community Call
Date: Jul 20, 2020 06:00 PM Brussels

https://cloudera.zoom.us/rec/share/1cxlHun19DpJa4XTq07ba5IIHJ_paaa8hHAY-_UNy0Zur62owgKigE6fJbjqlFD6