Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/07/25 16:23:29 UTC

xconf snippets in sitemap (Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi)

Upayavira wrote:

> However, already in trunk you have the ability to specify xconf snippets
> in your sitemap, meaning you don't need to patch the core one.

Can you provide a pointer to an example for this. It sounds really
useful for Forrest.

Ross

Re: xconf snippets in sitemap (Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> However, already in trunk you have the ability to specify xconf
>>> snippets in your sitemap, meaning you don't need to patch the core one.
>>

>> Can you provide a pointer to an example for this. It sounds really
>> useful for Forrest.
>

> Er. It is in trunk. 'Fraid I haven't used it yet, and therefore can't
> point you at it. But try looking at some of the sitemaps there.

Nono, it's not trunk only, but has been there from day one in the
TreeProcessor, although undocumented :-)

Basically, just add components as you would to in cocoon.xconf in
<map:components>. Be aware though that those components can only be used
in the sitemap that declares them and its children.

Trunk has a few more features than 2.1.x though:
- new components can be added to a selector (in 2.1 a selector can only
be redefined totally)
- component declarations can be externalized using <include src="">
- each sitemap can have its own classpath (although this feature may be
dropped in favor of OSGi)

Sylvain

Re: xconf snippets in sitemap (Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Upayavira wrote:

>>>However, already in trunk you have the ability to specify xconf
>>>snippets in your sitemap, meaning you don't need to patch the core one.
>>

>>Can you provide a pointer to an example for this. It sounds really
>>useful for Forrest.
>

> Er. It is in trunk. 'Fraid I haven't used it yet, and therefore can't
> point you at it. But try looking at some of the sitemaps there.

You have the same possibilites in the sitemap as you have in the
cocoon.xconf, just use some includes in the map:components section:

  <map:components>
    <map:include src="my-components.xconf"/>
    <map:include dir="xconfs" pattern="*.xconf"/>
  </map:components>

Everything is resolved relative to the directory of the sitemap, and of
course you can use all available protocols (context: etc.) except the
cocoon: protocol.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: xconf snippets in sitemap (Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi)

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:

>> However, already in trunk you have the ability to specify xconf
>> snippets in your sitemap, meaning you don't need to patch the core one.
>

> Can you provide a pointer to an example for this. It sounds really
> useful for Forrest.

Er. It is in trunk. 'Fraid I haven't used it yet, and therefore can't
point you at it. But try looking at some of the sitemaps there.

Regards, Upayavira