Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2013/07/12 21:50:25 UTC

[REMINDER] Make sure Fix Version is accurate in Jira

When you close a bug in Jira, for whatever reason, please make sure it has
the correct "Fix Version". Here are the basic guidelines:

 1. If closed with a "Fixed" on master, make sure it's the current dev
    version (right now, v3.3.5 as an example)
 2. If closed as invalid/won'tfix/duplicate, remove the Fix Version entirely.
 3. When the bug is a backport, make sure it's targeted for the correct
    backport Fix Version (e.g. v3.2.5).

When closing bugs, also make sure the other fields, such as "Component" and
"Type" are correct. The reason why these are important is because we produce
release notes based on this information.

Cheers,

-- Leif

Re: [REMINDER] Make sure Fix Version is accurate in Jira

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 7/12/13 1:50 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> 1. If closed with a "Fixed" on master, make sure it's the current dev
>    version (right now, v3.3.5 as an example)
> 2. If closed as invalid/won'tfix/duplicate, remove the Fix Version entirely.
> 3. When the bug is a backport, make sure it's targeted for the correct
>    backport Fix Version (e.g. v3.2.5).

My manager (jpeach) told me to document this, so I wrote this:

     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Tickets

Please feel free to add / update as necessary.

-- Leif