Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/01/03 02:59:32 UTC

Re: Schema normalized values (again)

Hi Edwin,

Edwin Goei wrote:
> I noticed that the current DOM Level 3 Core Working Draft and the
> current Xerces 2 implementation conflict in the area of schema
> normalized value default settings.

Yes, default value for Xerces and DOM features are different, however it
does not matter: Xerces implementation of DOM Level 3 does set the
default value of "datatype-normalization" to false (internally we set
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html#validation.schema.normalized-value
to false).

Basically there is a mapping of DOM parameters to Xerces features, and
we plan to add documentation on the mapping (explaining how it works).

Elena Litani / IBM Toronto