Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pauquette, Bryan" <br...@cingular.com> on 2006/05/31 16:58:28 UTC

Free book on maven 2.0

There is a free 294 page book on maven 2.0 at the following website....

I have no affiliation with this organization other than a friend who got
hired by this company.   He told me about the book.  It has been useful
to me so I thought I would pass it on.

You have to register to get the book.

http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
It's now in the articles section.
http://maven.apache.org/articles.html

We probably need to promote it better

On 5/31/06, Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a lesson to be learned from this : if someone posts a link here to
> a book about maven then the visibility of that book is less than optimal to
> say the least.
>
> Are there legal reasons why the book isn't linked from the maven hompage ?
> Log4j has been doing it for ages, so it must be possible somehow.
>
> Jorg
>
> On 6/1/06, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And where do you think most Maven 2 developers work ? ;)
> >
> > On 5/31/06, Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> wrote:
> > > This has been posted several times already...

> > website....

> > got
> > useful

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>.
don't worry about favourism, as said it't the only comprehensive resource
out there ATM :) I find for example
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html perfectly
acceptable, and that one is even paying!

If the quality of a resource is such that it becomes almost instrumental in
using the related product then it's A-OK to make it the first thing users
see when they hit 'documentation'.

Just my 0.5c (and thanks for featuring it more prominently already!)

Jorg

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, great book, just put in the navigation menu :-)

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 6/1/06, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://maven.apache.org/articles.html
>
> It could probably stand to be more prominent - I might put that link
> in the left nav.
>
> I'd be more than happy to plaster it all over the site... but by the
> same token I don't want to show any favourtism :)

I'd like to see it more visible and the left nav is a great spot.

The book has helped gel a lot of concepts and if I had the book when I
first started would have been a great benefit to speeding adoption.

It is an awesome book.

Re: Free book on maven 2.0

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Free book on maven 2.0