Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Kohn, Rodolfo" <ro...@intel.com> on 2011/05/09 05:04:55 UTC

Throughput with many jmeter servers - distributed testing

Hi jmeter list,
I've been executing a performance test with 1 jmeter client and 15 jmeter servers.
I noted that when the first agent finishes its work (all threads executed all loops), there are some agents that keep running for a long time and that dramatically reduces throughput measurement providing a final throughput that is not the real for the system.
I think the throughput I should take is the one when the first jmeter agent finishes.

Is it possible for jmeter to stop test as soon as the first agent finishes and provide the throughput at that moment?

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Re: Throughput with many jmeter servers - distributed testing

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
To not need anything extra than basic jmeter functionality you can use the
scheduler to set a start point / end point (this doesn't mean you need loop
forever because you might want a max of X repetitions). If it is that
important that all tests stop almost together, you can also delimit a
specific duration there, like 18000 seconds (meaning 5 hours)... its up to
you.

Make sure that the clock si syncronised on the machines (just in case). I've
never had to worry about this because this is taken care by the IT
infrastructure, in my case.

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
No, threads just will work for specified time period and end all at the same
time.
Like this: http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/SteppingThreadGroup

RE: Throughput with many jmeter servers - distributed testing

Posted by "Kohn, Rodolfo" <ro...@intel.com>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.