Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2006/12/01 11:14:36 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Fail to browse homepage

This is almost certainly a setup problem with your ADLS service (nothing
to do with apache).

How do you get the domain-name? According to DNS, this resolves to
58.152.161.53. Is this the IP of your computer? Are you sure your ISP
allows you to run a server?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Please advise. TIA
>
> B.R.
> Stephen

> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.

RE: [users@httpd] Fail to browse homepage

Posted by Stephen Liu <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Boyle,

58.152.161.53 is the IP address asigned to me when I registered
satimis.homelinux.com on DYNDNS.ORG.  It will change because their
server will detect the IP address (a dynamic IP) of my server connected
to my ISP.  Although it is dynamic IP it only changes on connection.

I wonder why it is always pointing to 58.152.161.53 but DYNDNS.ORG
never redirect the request to the IP address of my server.  I logon
their website and checked my IP address there.  It was exactly the same
IP address found with "ifconfig" on my server.  Whenever my server
changes IP address they update there.

Tks.

B.R.
Stephen