Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Neutron Sharc <ne...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/18 23:01:37 UTC

dynamic zookeepr quorum

Hi all,

Recent zookeeper 3.5 allows to dynamically grow zookeeper quorum.
Does helix zookeeper clients perform runtime reconfigure to use the
new zookeeper servers?

-Shawn

Re: dynamic zookeepr quorum

Posted by Xue Junkai <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

Great suggestion! But I have a concern for 3.5.x is that there is no stable
version of 3.5.x, right? If stable version of 3.5.x comes out, we shall
consider about it!

Best,

Junkai

--
Junkai Xue

Re: dynamic zookeepr quorum

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

No, we haven't done that. The only way to achieve this as of now is to
restart the helix participant/controller/broker nodes after zookeeper is
reconfigured.

thanks,
Kishore G