Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by liujs3 <li...@asiainfo.com> on 2014/12/26 04:16:07 UTC

can I run slider0.60 on hadoop2.5.X?

Hi ,can I run slider0.60 on hadoop2.5.X ?because my produce line use cdh5. Only modify pom.xml ,mvn install the slider0.60.source

I user the hadoop version from cdh,can I run the slider0.60?

Re: 答复: 答复: flex a different resource component . so i can use the all memory

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
This command has same syntax as 'slider build' command. manpage.html needs
to be updated.

You can use it in between stop / start commands.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: can I run slider0.60 on hadoop2.5.X?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
I've just checked and it looks lik eCDH5.3 is still based off Hadoop 2.5,
with some bits pulled up from 2.6; That's a shame.

I'll expect them to stay that way until something built on hadoop 2.7/2.8
comes out later this year.

Missing bits

-YARN labels; the CapacityScheduler doesn't support it, so the default CDH
scheduler won't do anything with them.
-YARN registry in a secure environment (RM won't set up the right
permissions)
-Credentials API

I'd worry about AM failover, but that's just a resilience issue, not an
API-level incompatibility.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: can I run slider0.60 on hadoop2.5.X?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.