Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sadananda Hegde <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/02 15:06:54 UTC

Re: Load XML file into HIVE

Thanks, Matt. We might go with 'flattening' option. I was hoping I can do
it using  XPATH without need for any custom coding.
Regards,
Sadu

Re: Load XML file into HIVE

Posted by Ramkumar <ra...@yahoo.com>.
The simplest solution I can think of is to write some intermediate layer of code in PIG that uses XMLLoader to convert it to a csv/tsv and then read it in hive.