Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/17 18:13:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 4.6.1 RC1

Please vote to release the following artifacts:

http://people.apache.org/~markrmiller/lucene_solr_4_6_1r1559132/

Here is my +1.

--
- Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 4.6.1 RC1

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:11:35.695571]

upgrade Elasticsearch to 4.1.6 and all tests pass

simon

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
+1 - passing smokeTestRelease

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Shawn:

You have to give JAVA_HOME to ant as ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE, e.g. "JAVA_HOME=/.../... ant foobar". This makes the ant shell script (which works behind the "ant" command) to use the specified JVM. This makes the code compile with the specified java version.

The 2 special variables JAVA6_HOME and JAVA7_HOME are named a little bit sub-optimal: They are passed as "system properties" and are not interpreted by ant itself. It's used by the build script when executing the smoke tester. More correct would be to pass them not in capital-letters to ANT as system property, like ant -Djava6home=... -Djava7home=..., but its as it is at the moment. JAVA_HOME and the stupid named JAVA6_HOME are two completely different things.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Should have been in my experience, not imo - have had a cold for a week and it’s getting to me.

bq.  it could use the information it's been given about java 6.

I think it’s an Apache Ant thing.

JAVA6_HOME and JAVA7_HOME are Lucene smoke tester things.

- Mark

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Mark,

This problem lets me remember LUCENE-5355: This one affected the “nice” javadocs created after release. I backported the patch, so the one running the “nice looking javadocs” on java 7 with java 6 bootclasspath can be sure, it was really using the correct bootclasspath. Also the documentation howto on the wiki applies only to builds with this patch.

Uwe

-----

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.