Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/25 06:25:05 UTC

entity relative URI does not work

Hi,  I am using JBoss 4.0.5GA that uses xerces XML parser.

  <!DOCTYPE category [
  <!ENTITY part SYSTEM "part.xml">
  ]>

  <computer>

       &part;

  </computer>

  I got java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/jboss/jboss-4.0.5.GA/bin/part.xml

  The parser tried to resolve the entity location using system location where JVM started, not parent document location.  It is a relative URI.

  Is this a bug? or some configuration I need to do?
  I tried to solve this for days. I seached the web, but did not find anything.

  Thanks in advance for help
  Dave

---------------------------------
 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: entity relative URI does not work

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Dave,

I guess you didn't search the mailing list archives. This has come up many
times, most recently yesterday. Here's a link [1] to the thread.

Thanks.

[1] http://marc.info/?t=117996461900004&r=1&w=2

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development