Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Pr...@lenze.de> on 2008/08/27 08:36:01 UTC

keep-together problem

Hi!

I know that there were some questions about the keep-together problem,
but those didn't answer my question. Maybe I misunderstood something...

The problem:

I have a table which contains some block elements, at least two. I want
the table and its elements to stay together when the content does not
fit on the rest of the page, the table should be wrapped to the next
page then. That seems to work if I use the keep-together="always"
attribute on the table. But if the content of the table is longer than
one page it will not be wrapped to the next page - instead the text is
clipped.

How can I avoid this?

I also tried to use the keep-with-next="always" attributes on the table
rows. This solves the clipping problem but the table starts at one page
and continues at the next page. What I want is that the table starts on
a new page if it doesn't fit on the previous one.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Regards,

Jacqueline.

Re: AW: keep-together problem

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY wrote:

> Hi!

Hi,

> This didn't help. I changed keep-together="always" to keep-together.within-column="always" but the text on the second page is clipped and not wrapped to the third page.
>
> I attached a sample file.
>
> What could be wrong here?

It looks like you need support for integer keeps, e.g.
keep-together.within-column="10" Integer values work differently from
"always" because they allow the content being kept together to be broken
when the object spans more than an entire page. However, FOP v0.95
doesn't support integer values in keeps and treats any value as "always"

FOP Trunk has some experimental support for integer values in keeps but
I've never tried it so don't know if it will work in your case.

Regards,

Chris

<snip/>

AW: AW: keep-together problem

Posted by "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Pr...@encoway.de>.
Hi again!

You are right, Chris. Integer keeps work with FOP Trunk. Thanks...

So I suppose that the integer support won't be released soon? :-(

Regards,
Jacqueline.

AW: keep-together problem

Posted by "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Pr...@encoway.de>.