Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2018/09/04 21:10:45 UTC

How to Contribute to Superset?

One of the most important aspects of any Open Source project, is encouraging contributions and building the community around it. As such, it is VITAL that projects have clear and explicit (and easy to find) instructions on how to get involved.

We have NONE to be found under https://superset.apache.org/index.html

We have no links to the source code repo.

We have no links to our mailing lists and other ways to communicate w/ the project and the users.

Compare our page with, for example, http://pulsar.incubator.apache.org where there are up-front links to Community and Apache.

In essence, our site is simply the docs and nothing about the PROJECT itself. In other words, our web presence is ONLY the online docs, instead of the docs being a PART of our site.

This, IMO, is a major issue that we need to resolve ASAP.

Re: How to Contribute to Superset?

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I agree that we need a dedicated project site on top of the documentation
we currently have. In the meantime and as a quick fix I added a "Resources"
section to the main page of the docs with pointers to Github, our
CONTRIBUTING.md and links to the mailing list.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/5823

I think we simply assumed Github was the entry point. Now these 2 resources
are pointing to each other.

Max