Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com> on 2008/10/24 21:00:05 UTC

TTL caching for metadata?

All, when we run our releases we run Maven with the -U command.  This causes
Maven to query our Archiva instance for the maven-metadata.xml for
everything (plugins/parent/dependencies) that don't have explicit version.
Unfortunately Archiva always goes back to the remote repositories when this
happens which lately has slowed our builds.  Is there a way to tell Archiva
to only check for new metadata once a day rather than whenever a Maven
client requests it?

P.S. The reason we run with -U command is because we have an internal POM
inheritance hierarchy that specifies parent versions with RELEASE so we can
make company-wide or department-wide tweaks to our build process and all
projects receive the changes implicitly.  But I don't necessarily need the
-U checking to go out to central or our other remote repositories.

Re: TTL caching for metadata?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You can do that by setting the snapshots and releases policies of your proxy
connector to 'daily'.
More details about configuring these policies available here:

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.1.3/adminguide/proxy-connectors.html

HTH,
Deng