Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dominik Gallus <Ga...@fzi.de> on 2003/12/05 17:51:53 UTC

via package name ?

Hello all,

I'm currently facing the problem of having to serialize not-predefined
Java Objects(some ints, an Object, and one Object[])
which are nested in a 'MethodInvocation' Bean
(happily (de)serializable w/ the Bean(De)Serializer).
that I send to the server.

>From the current point of view, I can't clearly foresee the
types of the nested objects being sent. Also, a speculative approach
involving
<beanMapping> the various ObjectTypes (Exceptions, ...)
seems a little tedious.

If possible, <beanMapping> the contents of a whole package might be
 a more expedient approach.
 So, a question for kicks :-) would it be possible to map the Java package
'mitest' to a generic QName 'ABean', in order to have its classes serialized

automatically ?

   --- Cheers, Daomeng

Re: via package name ?

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Hello
At this time, it's not possible to do what you want.
a beanMapping tag explicitly map a java class to an xml qname. You
cannot map a java package (as a list of java class) to only 1 qname, you
must have a list of qname. And so, a list of beanMapping seams the only
solution.

Regards
Guillaume