Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jinhua Luo <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/18 13:11:40 UTC

How flink assigns task slots to the streams of the same app?

Hi All,

I start an app which contains multiple streams, and I found some
stream of them get processed very slow, which uses keyBy() and the
number of key would be up to million, and I also found all streams
share only one task slot. Is it possible to assign more slots to the
app?

Re: How flink assigns task slots to the streams of the same app?

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Jinhua,

you need to set a higher parallelism to your application when submitting
your application. You can also set it via env.setParallelism() or even
on an operator level map.setParallelism().

The number of task slots must be greater or equals to the parallelism of
your application, otherwise the submission fails.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Timo