Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by aronsoyol <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/04 08:13:00 UTC

About ant

Hi there.

This is my first time to build OOo. When I run the command

$
./configure--with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"--with-dmake-url="http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"--with-epm-url="http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz"--enable-pch--disable-atl--disable-activex--disable-binfilter--without-junit

I got the error likes below:

checking for jakarta-ant... no

checking for ant... /cygdrive/c/ant/bin/ant

checking if /cygdrive/c/ant/bin/ant works... configure: WARNING: Ant
does not work - Some Java projects will not build!

checking whether ant is >= 1.6.0... ./configure: line 22555: test:
tools: integer expression expected

configure: error: no, you need at least ant >= 1.6.0

Actually I have installed Ant already and got the following version message

XXX@new-black /cygdrive/c/aoo/aoo-trunk/main

$ ant -version

Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.4 compiled on April 29 2014

I reffered this page

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7

My system is

win7 64bit,Cygwin 32bit,

Could anyone help me, Thank you.

Re: About ant

Posted by soyol aron <ar...@gmail.com>.
sample for 3
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(140) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(247) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(354) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(567) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(723) :
warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in
the current code page (932). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent
data loss
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(781) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(888) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(995) : error
C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(1102) :
error C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(1316) :
error C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(1423) :
error C2001: newline in constant
D:/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/wntmsci12.pro/inc\svx/globlmn.hrc(1586) :

--
Aron

Re: About ant

Posted by soyol aron <ar...@gmail.com>.
Two additional things

--
Aron

Re: About ant

Posted by soyol aron <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I have successful built  the source in my cygwin + vs2010  environment and
got the MSI installer already.
Thank everyone for your support.

1.I got the source from

http://ftp.riken.jp/net/apache/openoffice/4.1.0/source/apache-openoffice-4.1.0-r1589052-src.tar.gz
2.about unistd.h I think that is a permission problem. Because the build
process passed when I set the unistd.h file`s write/read permission.

3.some source file which include unicode character can not be recognized by
my compiler. So I save these source file as utf-8 with bom, then the
compilation passed.

Best regards

> Amali Praveena Soban Kumar schrieb:
>
>  Hi Regina,
>> winunistd/unistd.h is a dummy file created by this code in winunistd/
>> makefile.mk
>> # --- Files --------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> .IF "$(GUI)"=="WNT"
>> .IF "$(COM)"!="GCC"
>> # provide dummy header for generated sources
>> $(INCCOM)$/unistd.h : unistd.h
>>      @$(COPY) $< $@
>> In my Linux system, winunistd/unistd.h has only this content:
>> amali@ubuntu:/media/amali/source/aoo-trunk/main/soltools/winunistd$ cat
>> unistd.h
>> /* Dummy unistd.h for the wntmsci3 environment. Required because flex
>>   * generates a lexical scanner which includes <unistd.h>
>>   */
>> Maybe, try creating this file manually and check if the build is working?
>> Or, you can find out why it is not generating this dummy file.
>> Thanks,
>> Amali.
>>

> The file should be there, it is there in the repository. If Aron has not
> got the file, then we have to investigate why it is missing. Nevertheless
> creating the file might help in this case.
>
> Aron, from where do you get the source? From the apache repository or do
> you use a source tarball?
>
> I notice these differences to my build:
> I had no dmake ready and it was build during bootstrap.
> I do not use the configure item --enable-pch
>

> Kind regards
> Regina

Aron

Re: About ant

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Re: About ant

Posted by Amali Praveena Soban Kumar <sa...@yahoo.com.au>.
Hi Regina,
winunistd/unistd.h is a dummy file created by this code in winunistd/makefile.mk
# --- Files --------------------------------------------------------

.IF "$(GUI)"=="WNT"
.IF "$(COM)"!="GCC"
# provide dummy header for generated sources
$(INCCOM)$/unistd.h : unistd.h
    @$(COPY) $< $@
In my Linux system, winunistd/unistd.h has only this content:
amali@ubuntu:/media/amali/source/aoo-trunk/main/soltools/winunistd$ cat unistd.h
/* Dummy unistd.h for the wntmsci3 environment. Required because flex
 * generates a lexical scanner which includes <unistd.h>
 */
Maybe, try creating this file manually and check if the build is working? Or, you can find out why it is not generating this dummy file.
Thanks,
Amali.

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 2:10 PM, Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi Aron,

soyol aron schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Thank you Kay and Regina
> About spaces, actually there were spaces in my originally command line
> before,but unfortunately, they are gone...
> I've found the answer to my question. When I added the jdk_home into
> configure option,the error was gone.

:)

> My new configure command line looks like:
>
> $ ./configure \
> --with-frame-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0" \
> --with-psdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0" \
> --with-nsis-path="/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/NSIS" \
> --with-midl-path="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft
> SDKs/Windows/v7.0/Bin" \
> --with-directx-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK
> (June 2010)" \
> --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_05" \
> --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant" \
> --with-dmake-url="
> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2" \
> --enable-pch \
> --disable-atl \
> --disable-activex \
> --disable-nss-module \
> --without-junit \
> --enable-category-b \
> --with-lang="ja zh mn" \

 --with-vendor="ARONSOYOL" \
> --with-build-version="aron_2014_08_05"
>
> But  after I did
>     ./bootstrap
>     source winenv.set.sh
>     cd instsetoo_native/
>     build --all
> the following error occurred,
>
> =============
> Building module soltools
> =============
>
> Entering /cygdrive/c/aoo/main/soltools/winunistd
>

> Entering /cygdrive/c/aoo/main/soltools/mkdepend
>
> Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/cppsetup.c
> c:\aoo\main\soltools\mkdepend\def.h(42) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory
> dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../wntmsci12.pro/obj/cppsetup.obj'
>
> 1 module(s):
>    soltools
> need(s) to be rebuilt
>
> Reason(s):
>
> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
> /cygdrive/c/aoo/main/soltools/mkdepend
>
> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by
> running:
>
>    build --all:soltools
>
> I uploaded the complete output to this URL
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24062440/build_open_office.html
>
> How can I resolve it?
> Thanks and Regards
> Aron

Please look into directory main/soltools/winunistd. There should be the
file unistd.h

Is the file there?

Kind regards
Regina

Re: About ant

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Aron,

Re: About ant

Posted by soyol aron <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: About ant

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

\

Re: About ant

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 08/03/2014 11:13 PM, aronsoyol wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> This is my first time to build OOo. When I run the command
>
> $
> ./configure--with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"--with-dmake-url="http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"--with-epm-url="http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz"--enable-pch--disable-atl--disable-activex--disable-binfilter--without-junit

It's great that you're initiating these first steps!

>From what I see here, it looks like you may need at least one space in
front of each of your "--" options. For example,

./configure --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"
--with-dmake-url="http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.

.... and so on.

The examples in the Configuration Guide show examples that use the unix
"\" line  continuation format if you care to use that instead of
stringing your config options all on one line.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Configuration_and_bootstrapping

If you really do have spaces in your configuration command line and they
just got pushed out with this email formatting, I don't have any other
ideas right now. Maybe someone else does.