Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 02:50:07 UTC

Where is Calcite's Roadmap?

Hi Calciter,

Now, we are heavily using Calcite at work, and we are also very interested
in participating in the
Calcite community. To ensure that our direction is aligned with the
community, we want to learn
more about the community's plans.

I didn't see Calcite's own Roadmap in Calcite's official website. I can
only see Avatica's
Roadmap[1].

I don't know if it could be found elsewhere. If not, I think it would be a
great idea to present it in
Calcite's official website. It will help provide the right guidance to some
potential contributors.

What do you think?

Best,
Vino

[1] https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/roadmap.html

Re: Where is Calcite's Roadmap?

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
There is no official roadmap for Calcite. However, you may find the
most recent state of the project discussion from November
interesting[0]. If you're looking for ways to contribute, there are
plenty of feature requests and bugs which need to be worked on that
can be found on the issue tracker[1].

[0] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/201811.mbox/%3CCA%2BEpF8vOgquOwR6gssQ2nL5DaedwLoPKUO-kaynXXh9UWYP4mg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CALCITE/issues/

--