Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by boycanfly <li...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2007/02/17 10:31:30 UTC

Want to study Nutch,do I need to read the source code one word by one?

Hi there,
   I am a college student in China.Now I have a program to do which needs
knowledge about Nutch.As a beginner who have just touched Nutch for less
than a month,I dont know where should I start.Do I need to read the Nutch
source code one word by one?Or there is any other way to go?
  Thanks for your time!

Re: Want to study Nutch,do I need to read the source code one word by one?

Posted by Dennis Kubes <nu...@dragonflymc.com>.
Read and do the Nutch Tutorial and the NutchHadoopTutorial on the wiki.
Download both the hadoop and the nutch source code.  I would use an IDE
such as eclipse and download the projects directly from subversion.
This way you can run certain components through the IDE debugger.  Once
you run through the tutorials you will have an understanding of how the
system runs.  Then read the Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer document on the
wiki and follow the steps.  This will get you started, when you have
questions or errors post messages to the user list to get help.

Dennis Kubes