Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manri Offermann <ta...@eastbeam.co.jp> on 2004/12/14 08:25:37 UTC

Wizard-like form

Hi all,

I have some trouble with request attributes.

I am trying to create a wizard like form with more than one step.

Example:

Form of Step1:
- First name
- Last name

Form Step 2:
- Address
- and so on

I attached the First name and Last name from Step1 to the request cycle as
attributes and tried to obtain it in the second step. But the attributes are
cleared when accessing them from pageBeginRender(Event evt). Step 2 is a
different "Page".

What I want to do is remember values which have been entered in previous
steps so I can process them all in the last step.

How does one do this?

Thanks for your help,

Re: Image from BLOB

Posted by David Solis <h....@gmail.com>.
Please see the chart example at Workbench. It is implemented with a
Asset (ChartAsset) and a Service (ChartService).

Regards

D.

Image from BLOB

Posted by Detlef Schulze <de...@jaide.de>.
Hi,

--
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
Oscar Wilde

Re: preselection with @PropertySelection

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 14, 2004, at 5:14 AM, sarah.simbad@women-at-work.org wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> How can I achieve a preselection of @PropertySelection,
> e.g. if a member wants to edit his information  using a combobox/drop
> down
> box.
>

> Or does it already do that ?

It already does that :)  Simply have the 'value' parameter bound to an
object that matches something in the 'model'.

	Erik

preselection with @PropertySelection

Posted by sa...@women-at-work.org.
Hello again!

How can I achieve a preselection of @PropertySelection,
e.g. if a member wants to edit his information  using a combobox/drop down
box.

Or does it already do that ?

Sarah

Re: Wizard-like form

Posted by Raffaele Cigni <rc...@byte-code.com>.
The best way is:

public void submitPage1(IR cycle) {
	Page2 page2 = (Page) getPage("Page2");
	page2.setFirstName(name);
	page2.setLastName(surname);

	cycle.active(page2);
}

remember:

<!-- Page2.page -->

<property-specification name="firstName" type="java.lang.String"
persistent='yes'/>
<property-specification name="lastName" type="java.lang.String"
persistent='yes'/>

<!-- Page2.java -->

class abstract Page2 extends ... {

	public abstract String getFirstName();
	public abstract String getLastName();

	public abstract void setFirstName(String value);
	public abstract void setLastName(String value);

	... and other stuff ...
}

this system use the session.

Raffaele Cigni <rc...@byte-code.com>