Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keith Morrell <Ke...@telecom.co.nz> on 2001/04/23 07:04:50 UTC

Use of the hidden tag

I am trying to use the hidden tag and trying to get the following values
into it (without much success)

The original html look like this:

<input type=hidden  name="<%= Tags.PAGE_ID %>" value="<%=
Tags.BILLSUMMARYPAGE %>"	>

These two values come from an interface declared elsewhere in the
application as:

/**
 * Stores common strings for use as session attribute names.
 */
public interface Tags
{
  public static final String PAGE_ID = "pageID";
  public static final String BILLSUMMARYPAGE = "billsummarypage";
... etc

and the final rendered html should look like:

<input type=hidden  name="pageID" value="billsummarypage">

I have tried declaring a bean:

<bean:define id="billSummaryPage" scope="page"  type="java.lang.String"
value="<%= Tags.BILLSUMMARYPAGE %>" />

 to assist but I keep getting server error: null type errors...(tried
quite a few other variations too!)

Any help/pointers would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Please note new  extension number/s below...

Keith Morrell
EDS Consultant, TRAID Project

Phone +64-9-308-5650
EDS internal  extn 4150