Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Pradeep Kumar K <pr...@robosoftin.com> on 2002/06/30 16:18:19 UTC

Multiple queries

Hi

 How can I create a searcher which searcher for multiplequeries.

Example
    assume that I store indexes in ramdirectory named 'rdir'

   let my first query   query1 = "name:pradeep";
              second query query2 = "age:22";
    Hits hits= indSe.search(the_quer);

     I know the following  will return no of hits for the query query1
       Hits hits = indSe.search(query1);

But how can I get hits for a compination of  queries  query1 AND   query2.

TIA
Pradeep

Re: Multiple queries

Posted by Keith Gunn <kg...@csd.abdn.ac.uk>.

Can't you just make one query which does "name:pradeep age:22"

Re: Multiple queries

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Use can use BooleanQuery for this (check the Javadoc on the site for
method names), or if it's easier for you try using QueryParser.

Otis