Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2008/01/17 08:20:16 UTC

Nightly source distribution

Hi,

the source distribution from the nightlies is not buildable without
checking out TRUNK/stage.
This means it has become mostly pointless.

Noel suggested earlier to drop this artefact and only keep the
binaries, which are self-containing.

This is a valid suggestion given the circumstances although I'd prefer
to put all/most of the stage dir into the source distribution.
This would allow for people behind firewalls which are blocked from
svn to build the whole thing by themselves.

WDYT?

  Bernd

Re: Nightly source distribution

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Bernd Fondermann ha scritto:
> Noel suggested earlier to drop this artefact and only keep the
> binaries, which are self-containing.
>
> This is a valid suggestion given the circumstances although I'd prefer
> to put all/most of the stage dir into the source distribution.
> This would allow for people behind firewalls which are blocked from
> svn to build the whole thing by themselves.
>
> WDYT?

+1 for the stage dir in the source distribution.

Stefano