Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2001/05/04 09:57:54 UTC

Servlet loading at startup

Hi,

Is it possible to configure Tomcat to load a specific servlet at startup without waiting for a HTTP request?

I notice that Websphere has such a thing.

/colin

Re: Servlet loading at startup

Posted by "Noel E. Lecaros" <sp...@mozcom.com>.
Hi, Colin

in webapps/<your-app>/WEB-INF/web.xml:

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name><you-servlet-name-here></servlet-name>
        <servlet-class><full-servlet-class-name></servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
</web-app>

Regards,