Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Antonio <ni...@bavs.com.br> on 2003/07/31 19:47:21 UTC

PerlAuthenHandler problem with mod_perl in a Cobalt Raq4

Hi There,

I need to use Apache::AuthDBI to authenticate users via MySQL and InterBase in a Cobalt Raq4. I'm using this method in another linux boxes but this particular Raq4 is driving me mad.

Raq4 comes with an Apache with a pre compile mod_perl 1.25 with all hooks enable, including PerlAuthenHandler and PerlAuthzHandler. But no matter what I pass to PerlAuthenHandler or PerlAuthzHandler it does not work, Apache seens to be ignoring it.

An exemple of my .htaccess file:

AuthName "Protected Dir"
AuthType Basic
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted off
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source dbi:mysql:xxxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username xxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password xxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table xxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field xxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field xxxx
require valid-user

If I access this directory the authentication window pops-up (as usual), If I try to logon as a database user I get this error in my "error" log:

[Thu Jul 24 03:05:10 2003] [error] access to /home/sites/home/web/test failed for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, reason: AuthPamExternal [/usr/lib/authenticate]: Failed (1) for user xxxxx

Now, the real odd thing is that if I try to access this diretory as a regular local system user, it authenticates! The Apache shipped with Raq4 uses the mod_auth_pam_external but I don't know if this have something do with this problem, as the mod_auth works fine.

The Apache or mod_perl seens to be ignoring the PerlAuthenHandler directive ...

If I use:
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
It does not work

if I use:
PerlAuthenHandler BOGUS::BOGUS::BOGUS
It, of course, does not work, but I don't get any error about it my log files! And also, I still can logon as a regular local user.

Any ideas/thoughts ?!? Any help would be apprecitate ...

Thank you,
Antonio