Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2018/01/13 02:14:35 UTC

HBase 1.3.2-SNAPSHOT (20180113T013910Z)

A snapshot of HBase 1.3.2 is available for testing in Apache's Maven or at
​​
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.3.2-SNAPSHOT/ . This
snapshot was generated from the git SHA b6f4f511a6 .

​The compatibility report with respect to the previous release can be found
at ​
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.3.2-SNAPSHOT/compat-check-report.html
.

This is a snapshot, not an official release. These artifacts are provided
for development and testing convenience. Please use with caution. Do not
deploy to production.

We should be releasing 1.3.2 within the next month or so. On behalf of the
HBase project I apologize for the length of time it has been since the
1.3.1 release, and for the number of changes ​included in the upcoming
patch release as a result.

The changes in this snapshot since the last 1.3 release or snapshot are:

   - HBASE-8758 Error in RegionCoprocessorHost class preScanner method
   documentation
   - HBASE-9393 Hbase does not closing a closed socket resulting in many
   CLOSE_WAIT
   - HBASE-9899 for idempotent operation dups, return the result instead of
   throwing conflict exception (addendum for branch-1)
   - HBASE-14220 nightly check that we can build a source tarball.
   - HBASE-15497 Incorrect javadoc for atomicity guarantee of Increment and
   Append
   - HBASE-15548 SyncTable: sourceHashDir is supposed to be optional but
   won't work without (Dave Latham)
   - HBASE-15607 Deprecating SnapShotInfo (Ram)
   - HBASE-15691 ConcurrentModificationException in BucketAllocator
   - HBASE-15947 Classes used only for tests included in main code base
   - HBASE-16011 TableSnapshotScanner and TableSnapshotInputFormat can
   produce duplicate rows if split table.
   - HBASE-16090 ResultScanner is not closed in
   SyncTable#finishRemainingHashRanges()
   - HBASE-16116 Remove redundant pattern *.iml
   - HBASE-16351 Improve error reporting for license failures
   - HBASE-16459 Remove unused hbase shell --format option
   - HBASE-16615 Fix flaky TestScannerHeartbeatMessages (Duo Zhang)
   - HBASE-16939 ExportSnapshot: set owner and permission on right directory
   - HBASE-17131 Avoid livelock caused by HRegion#processRowsWithLocks
   - HBASE-17352 Fix hbase-assembly build with bash 4
   - HBASE-17441 Fix invalid quoting around hadoop-3 build in yetus
   personality
   - HBASE-17514 emit a warning if thrift1 proxy user is configured but
   hbase.regionserver.thrift.http is not
   - HBASE-17534 Avoid re-wrapping IOExceptions as IOExceptions
   - HBASE-17617 Backport HBASE-16731 (Inconsistent results from the
   Get/Scan if we use the empty FilterList) to branch-1
   - HBASE-17648 HBase Table-level synchronization fails between two
   secured(kerberized) cluster
   - HBASE-17658 Fix bookkeeping error with max regions for a table
   - HBASE-17803 PE always re-creates table when we specify the split policy
   - HBASE-17817 add table name to output (if available) when removing
   coprocessors
   - HBASE-17862 Fix a condition that always returns true
   - HBASE-17877 Improve HBase's byte[] comparator.
   - HBASE-17887 Row-level consistency is broken for read
   - HBASE-17902 Backport HBASE-16367 "Race between master and region
   server initialization may lead to premature server abort" to 1.3
   - HBASE-17916 Error message not clear when the permission of staging dir
   is not as expected
   - HBASE-17925 mvn assembly:single fails against hadoop3-alpha2
   - HBASE-17934 Backport HBASE-17779 "disable_table_replication returns
   misleading message and does not turn off replication"
   - HBASE-17934 Backport HBASE-17779 "disable_table_replication returns
   misleading message and does not turn off replication" (Janos Gub)
   - HBASE-17937 Memstore size becomes negative in case of expensive
   postPut/Delete Coprocessor call
   - HBASE-17944 Removed unused JDK version parsing from ClassSize.
   - HBASE-17954 Switched findbugs implementation to spotbugs
   - HBASE-17968 Fix NOTICE.txt for src-release
   - HBASE-17985 Inline apt-get update calls in Yetus Dockerfile
   - HBASE-18000 Make sure we always return the scanner id with ScanResponse
   - HBASE-18014 A case of Region remain unassigned when table enabled
   (Allan Yang)
   - HBASE-18020 Update API Compliance Checker to Incorporate Improvements
   Done in Hadoop
   - HBASE-18023 Log multi-* requests for more than threshold number of rows
   - HBASE-18023 Update row threshold warning from 1k to 5k (addendum)
   - HBASE-18024 HRegion#initializeRegionInternals should not re-create
   .hregioninfo file when the region directory no longer exists
   - HBASE-18026 ProtobufUtil seems to do extra array copying
   - HBASE-18027 HBaseInterClusterReplicationEndpoint should respect RPC
   limits when batching edits
   - HBASE-18030 Per Cell TTL tags may get duplicated with
   increments/Append causing tags length overflow.
   - HBASE-18036 Data locality is not maintained after cluster restart or
   SSH (Stephen Yuan Jiang)
   - HBASE-18041 Add .pylintrc to HBase
   - HBASE-18042 Client Compatibility breaks between versions 1.2 and 1.3
   - HBASE-18066 Get with closest_row_before on hbase:meta can return empty
   Cell during region merge/split
   - HBASE-18077 Update JUnit licensing to use EPL
   - HBASE-18081 The way we process connection preamble in SimpleRpcServer
   is broken
   - HBASE-18090 Improve TableSnapshotInputFormat to allow more multiple
   mappers per region
   - HBASE-18092 Removing a peer does not properly clean up the
   ReplicationSourceManager state and metrics
   - HBASE-18093 Overloading the meaning of 'enabled' in Quota Manager to
   indicate either quota disabled or quota manager not ready is not good
   (Stephen Yuan Jiang)
   - HBASE-18096 Limit HFileUtil visibility and add missing annotations
   - HBASE-18122 Scanner id should include ServerName of region server
   - HBASE-18125 shell disregards spaces at the end of a split key in a
   split file
   - HBASE-18132 Low replication should be checked in period in case of
   datanode rolling upgrade (Allan Yang)
   - HBASE-18137 Replication gets stuck for empty WALs
   - HBASE-18141 Regionserver fails to shutdown when abort triggered during
   RPC call
   - HBASE-18142 Deletion of a cell deletes the previous versions too
   - HBASE-18145 The flush may cause the corrupt data for reading
   - HBASE-18147 POC jenkinsfile for nightly checks.
   - HBASE-18159 Use OpenJDK7 instead of Oracle JDK7 in pre commit docker
   file
   - HBASE-18167 OfflineMetaRepair tool may cause HMaster abort always
   (Pankaj Kumar)
   - HBASE-18180 Possible connection leak while closing BufferedMutator in
   TableOutputFormat
   - HBASE-18185 IntegrationTestTimeBoundedRequestsWithRegionReplicas
   unbalanced tests fails with AssertionError
   - HBASE-18192 Replication drops recovered queues on region server
   shutdown
   - HBASE-18197 Avoided to call job.waitForCompletion(true) two times
   - HBASE-18212 reduce log level for unbuffer warning.
   - HBASE-18230 Remove Velocity vars from LICENSE
   - HBASE-18233 We shouldn't wait for readlock in doMiniBatchMutation in
   case of deadlock (Allan Yang)
   - HBASE-18247 Hbck to fix the case that replica region shows as key in
   the meta table
   - HBASE-18255 Set JVM code cache size in provided configuration
   (Vladimir Rodionov)
   - HBASE-18268 Eliminate the findbugs warnings for hbase-client
   - HBASE-18293 Only add the spotbugs dependency when jdk8 is active
   - HBASE-18295 The result contains the cells across different rows
   - HBASE-18308 Eliminate the findbugs warnings for hbase-server
   - HBASE-18315 Eliminate the findbugs warnings for hbase-rest
   - HBASE-18330 NPE in ReplicationZKLockCleanerChore
   - HBASE-18358 Backport HBASE-18099 'FlushSnapshotSubprocedure should
   wait for concurrent Region#flush() to finish'
   - HBASE-18362 hbck should not report split replica parent region from
   meta as errors (Huaxiang Sun)
   - HBASE-18365 Eliminate the findbugs warnings for hbase-common
   - HBASE-18387 [Thrift] Make principal configurable in DemoClient.java
   - HBASE-18390 Sleep too long when finding region location failed
   - HBASE-18398 Snapshot operation fails with FileNotFoundException
   - HBASE-18426 nightly job should use independent stages to check
   supported jdks
   - HBASE-18437 Revoke access permissions of a user from a table does not
   work as expected
   - HBASE-18438 Precommit doesn't warn about unused imports
   - HBASE-18461 Build broken If the username contains a backslash
   - HBASE-18470 Remove the redundant comma from
   RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException#getDesc
   - HBASE-18471 The DeleteFamily cell is skipped when StoreScanner seeks
   to next column
   - HBASE-18473 VC.listLabels() erroneously closes any connection.
   - HBASE-18479 should apply HBASE-18255 to HBASE_MASTER_OPTS too
   - HBASE-18480 The cost of BaseLoadBalancer.cluster is changed even if
   the rollback is done
   - HBASE-18481 The autoFlush flag was not used in PE tool
   - HBASE-18487 Minor fixes in row lock implementation
   - HBASE-18505 Yetus only run root when all modules changed
   - HBASE-18527 Update nightly job to account for changes in jenkins
   plugins.
   - HBASE-18572 Delete can't remove the cells which have no visibility
   label
   - HBASE-18577 test well-formed-ness of our client jars.
   - HBASE-18582 Correct the docs for Mutation#setCellVisibility
   - HBASE-18587 Fix flaky TestFileIOEngine
   - HBASE-18607 fix submit-patch.py to support utf8
   - HBASE-18631 Allow ChaosMonkey properties to be specified in hbase-site
   - HBASE-18644 Duplicate compactionQueueLength metric in Region Server
   metrics
   - HBASE-18656 First issues found by error-prone
   - HBASE-18665 ReversedScannerCallable invokes getRegionLocations
   incorrectly
   - HBASE-18670 Add .DS_Store to .gitignore
   - HBASE-18675 Making {max,min}SessionTimeout configurable for
   MiniZooKeeperCluster
   - HBASE-18679 Add a null check around the result of getCounters() in
   ITBLL
   - HBASE-18690 Replace o.a.h.c.InterfaceAudience by
   o.a.h.h.c.InterfaceAudience
   - HBASE-18731 [compat 1-2] Mark protected methods of QuotaSettings that
   touch Protobuf internals as IA.Private
   - HBASE-18743 HFiles in use by a table which has the same name and
   namespace with a default table cloned from snapshot may be deleted when
   that snapshot and default table are deleted (wenbang)
   - HBASE-18746 Throw exception with job.getStatus().getFailureInfo() when
   ExportSnapshot fails
   - HBASE-18757 Fix improper bitwise & in bucketcache offset calculation
   - HBASE-18771 Incorrect StoreFileRefresh leading to split and compaction
   failures
   - HBASE-18796 Admin#isTableAvailable returns incorrect result before
   daughter regions are opened
   - HBASE-18818 TestConnectionImplemenation fails
   - HBASE-18833 Ensure precommit personality is up to date on all active
   branches
   - HBASE-18867 update maven enforcer plugin.
   - HBASE-18885 HFileOutputFormat2 hardcodes default FileOutputCommitter
   - HBASE-18890 Backport HBASE-14499 (Master coprocessors shutdown will
   not happen on master abort) to branch-1
   - HBASE-18921 Fix Result.current ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
   - HBASE-18923 TestTableResource flaky on branch-1
   - HBASE-18924 Backport HBASE-18568 (Correct metric of numRegions) to
   branch-1.2 and branch-1.3
   - HBASE-18934 pick hadoop versions for precommit test after patch branch
   is determined.
   - HBASE-18936 Backport HBASE-16870 to branch-1.3 (Add the metrics of
   replication sources which were transformed from other dead rs to
   ReplicationLoad)
   - HBASE-18937 Backport HBASE-16815(Low scan ratio in RPC queue tuning
   triggers divide by zero exception) to branch-1.3
   - HBASE-18938 Backport HBASE-16985(TestClusterId failed due to wrong
   hbase rootdir) to branch-1.3
   - HBASE-18939 Backport HBASE-16538 to branch-1.3
   - HBASE-18940 include project pylint configs in source artifact.
   - HBASE-18957 add test that confirms 2 FamilyFilters in a FilterList
   using MUST_PASS_ONE operator will return results that match either of the
   FamilyFilters
   - HBASE-18959 Backport HBASE-18874 (HMaster abort message will be
   skipped if Throwable is passed null) to branch-1 (Pankaj Kumar)
   - HBASE-18967 Backport HBASE-17181 to branch-1.3 (Let HBase thrift2
   support TThreadedSelectorServer)
   - HBASE-18980 Suppress SelfComparison error in tests
   - HBASE-18996 Backport HBASE-17703 (TestThriftServerCmdLine is flaky in
   master branch) to branch-1
   - HBASE-18998 processor.getRowsToLock() always assumes there is some row
   being locked
   - HBASE-19014 surefire fails; When writing xml report stdout/stderr ...
   No such file or directory
   - HBASE-19020 HBase Rest test for xml parsing external entities should
   not rely on implementation of java XML APIs.
   - HBASE-19030 nightly runs should attempt to log test results after
   archiving.
   - HBASE-19032 Set mimetype for patches uploaded by submit-patch.py
   - HBASE-19038 precommit mvn install should run from root on patch
   - HBASE-19039 refactor shadedjars test to only run on java changes.
   - HBASE-19055 Backport HBASE-19042 to other active branches
   - HBASE-19058. The wget isn't installed in building docker image
   - HBASE-19060 precommit plugin test 'hadoopcheck' should only run when
   java or maven files change.
   - HBASE-19061 update enforcer rules for NPE
   - HBASE-19066 Correct the directory of openjdk-8 for jenkins
   - HBASE-19070 temporarily make the mvnsite nightly test non-voting.
   - HBASE-19072 Missing beak in catch block of InterruptedException in
   HRegion#waitForFlushes()
   - HBASE-19091 Code annotation wrote BinaryComparator instead of
   LongComparator
   - HBASE-19097 update nightly tests to use Apache Yetus 0.6.0
   - HBASE-19098 compatibility checker should handle remotes named
   something other than 'origin'.
   - HBASE-19102 TestZooKeeperMainServer fails with KeeperException
   - HBASE-19118 Use SaslUtil to set Sasl.QOP in 'Thrift'
   - HBASE-19124 Move nightly test of source artifact creation from
   Jenkinsfile to a script.
   - HBASE-19137 Nightly test should make junit reports optional rather
   than attempt archive after reporting.
   - HBASE-19140 hbase-cleanup.sh uses deprecated call to remove files in
   hdfs
   - HBASE-19156 Remove vestiges of an unused regions-per-server CLI
   argument
   - HBASE-19182 Add deprecation in branch-1 for hbase-prefix-tree so some
   heads up it removed in hbase2
   - HBASE-19184 Update nightly source artifact check to use git archive
   for making the tarball.
   - HBASE-19188 Build fails on branch-1 using maven-3.5.2
   - HBASE-19189 Ad-hoc test job for running a subset of tests lots of times
   - HBASE-19198 TestIPv6NIOServerSocketChannel fails; unable to bind
   - HBASE-19205 Backport HBASE-18441 ZookeeperWatcher#interruptedException
   should throw exception
   - HBASE-19215 Incorrect exception handling on the client causes
   incorrect call timeouts and byte buffer allocations on the server
   - HBASE-19223 Note availability of Date Tiered Compaction in 1.y release
   for those upgrading from 0.98
   - HBASE-19227 Nightly job should archive JVM dumpstream files.
   - HBASE-19228 nightly job should gather machine stats.
   - HBASE-19229 Nightly script to check source artifact should not do a
   destructive git operation without opt-in
   - HBASE-19243 Start mini cluster once before class for
   TestFIFOCompactionPolicy
   - HBASE-19245 MultiTableInputFormatBase#getSplits creates a Connection
   per Table
   - HBASE-19249 test for "hbase antipatterns" should check _count_ of
   occurance rather than text of
   - HBASE-19260 Add lock back to avoid parallel accessing meta to locate
   region (Yu Li)
   - HBASE-19262 Revisit checkstyle rules
   - HBASE-19285 Implements table-level latency histograms
   - HBASE-19332 DumpReplicationQueues misreports total WAL size
   - HBASE-19340 Backport missing options in shell
   - HBASE-19350 TestMetaWithReplicas is flaky
   - HBASE-19368 [nightly] Make xml test non-voting in branch-1.2
   - HBASE-19373 Fixed remaining Checkstyle error in hbase-annotations
   - HBASE-19383 [1.2] java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<2> but was:<1>
   at
   TestChoreService.testTriggerNowFailsWhenNotScheduled(TestChoreService.java:707)
   - HBASE-19385 [1.3] TestReplicator failed 1.3 nightly
   - HBASE-19388 Incorrect value is being set for Compaction Pressure in
   RegionLoadStats object inside HRegion class
   - HBASE-19393 HTTP 413 FULL head while accessing HBase UI using SSL.
   - HBASE-19396 Fix flaky test TestHTableMultiplexerFlushCache
   - HBASE-19414 enable
   TestMasterOperationsForRegionReplicas#testIncompleteMetaTableReplicaInformation
   in branch-1.3 and branch-1.2
   - HBASE-19422 Provide clear error message on use of wrong hadoop-profile
   property
   - HBASE-19424 Fix NPE in "/metrics" servlet.
   - HBASE-19442 Backport HBASE-19065 to branch-1 (HRegion#bulkLoadHFiles()
   should wait for concurrent Region#flush() to finish).
   - HBASE-19489 Adds QUICK_HADOOPCHECK flag to check against only the
   latest maintenance releases in "hadoopcheck".
   - HBASE-19490 Rare failure in TestRateLimiter
   - HBASE-19491 Improvements to Nighly runs: Fixes findbugs tests, Exclude
   flaky tests from master.
   - HBASE-19502 Make sure we have closed all StoreFileScanner if we fail
   to open any StoreFileScanners
   - HBASE-19514 TestJMXListener now uses random port
   - HBASE-19546 TestMasterReplication.testCyclicReplication2 uses wrong
   assertion
   - HBASE-19571 Renames OUTPUTDIR to OUTPUT_DIR and OUTPUT_RELATIVE to
   OUTPUT_DIR_RELATIVE.
   - HBASE-19637 Add .checkstyle to gitignore
   - HBASE-19684 BlockCacheKey toString Performance
   - HBASE-19685 Fix TestFSErrorsExposed#testFullSystemBubblesFSErrors by
   increasing scanner timeout.
   - HBASE-19708 Avoid NPE when the RPC listener's accept channel is closed
   - HBASE-19790 Fix compatibility break in 1.3.2-SNAPSHOT

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: HBase 1.3.2-SNAPSHOT (20180113T013910Z)

Posted by Ashish Singhi <as...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Downloaded the binary and checked the following,

CHANGES.txt file doesn't contain the changes done in this release. I have
no idea whether this is ok or not.

- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files, looks ok
- Apache RAT check, looks good

Verified the following in a non-kerberos setup,

- Exercised basic shell commands
- Ran LTT with 1M row, checked read and write operations
- Poked around webUI
- Started Rest server and executed few commands
- Checked logs
- Browsed book

Regards,
Ashish

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Also, if we get to that time a month out from the last release, and there
is some problem at the current head of the branch, but the last snapshot
looked good, and some folks happened to look at it then, then I would run
that snapshot as the RC.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrew,