Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net> on 2015/02/16 23:06:18 UTC

Terminology: Tumbling and sliding windows

I’d like to check that we’re using the same terminology. The Azure Stream Analytics documentation has concise definitions for tumbling, hopping and sliding windows, including some diagrams that I think are helpful.

Tumbling: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835055.aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835055.aspx>

Hopping: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835041.aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835041.aspx>

Sliding: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835051.aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn835051.aspx>

Does this match how we are using these terms in Samza?

Julian

Re: Terminology: Tumbling and sliding windows

Posted by Navina Ramesh <nr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
+1 on using the right terminology.

Navina

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.