Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Viens, Steve" <St...@FMR.COM> on 2003/07/01 10:10:15 UTC

[juddi-Developers] jUDDI 1.0rc1will be posted to CVS by the weekend.

I've been working on pulling jUDDI into the new directory structure and I'm
very close. Please hold off committing any changes to CVS this week .. I
should be able to post something to CVS (as 'juddi' by Friday).

There are a few changes ... most notable is that I've removed the need to
create the 'juddi.propsFile' and 'log4j.propsFile' environment variables.
These files will now be pulled from the classpath via the
'getResourceAsStream()' method of the class loader. Check out the
org.juddi.util.Loader class for the process jUDDI uses to locate properties
in the classpath.

Also, the version of axis.jar that will accompany jUDDI will have the
log4j.properties file removed from it. We haven't done this in the past but
it's something that's recommended in the Axis users documentation.

The directory structure I have is slightly modified from the previous draft:

  conf
    log4j.properties
    juddi.properties
    web.xml