Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/12 15:38:03 UTC

ESME @ CUFP

Folks,
The Commercial Users of Functional Programming day-long conference is
happening in Edinburgh this year.  See http://cufp.galois.com/

I think it'd be great to see an ESME via Scala and Lift presentation these
this year.  I won't be able to go as the conference conflicts with certain
important birthdays.  Perhaps Darren or Vassil would like to present?  It'd
be a great way to get other FP geeks interested in ESME.

Thanks,

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Re: ESME @ CUFP

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
> The Commercial Users of Functional Programming day-long conference is
> happening in Edinburgh this year.  See http://cufp.galois.com/
>
> I think it'd be great to see an ESME via Scala and Lift presentation these
> this year.  I won't be able to go as the conference conflicts with certain
> important birthdays.  Perhaps Darren or Vassil would like to present?  It'd
> be a great way to get other FP geeks interested in ESME.

Darren is certainly much closer to Edinburgh, and the conference is in
September, so enough time to plan. Darren?

The interesting question is: what is specific in ESME regarding
functional programming? Or is the focus of the conference not on the
functional side? I must admit I don't consider myself a functional wiz
(perhaps at the level of http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/fp.html).