Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Rami Jaamour <rj...@parasoft.com> on 2004/03/27 02:17:19 UTC

security actions granularity

Hello all,

I know we can specify WSDoAll* handlers in Axis WSDD for each service.
Is there an easy way in Axis WSDD to assign different handlers (or at
least different security actions in my case) based on the method that is
invoked within the same service? For example, I'd like my placeOrder()
method to require and process encryption on credit card data, but no
encryption on the listOrders() method...

I got suggestions to:
1. make a special handler and have it delegate the request to the right
WSDoAll* handler based on the method name
2. split my methods into different services (and hence different WSDLs?).

But I wonder if it can be done elegantly in the WSDD.

Thank you,
--
Rami Jaamour
Software Engineer